Coconut Oil Instead Of Many Beauty And Skin Care Products!
Once you realize that majority of beauty and cosmetic lines contain extremely toxic and cancerogenic substances, you may find yourself lost in deciphering the ingredient lists and trying to figure out which products are safe.
How about throwing away your dangerous and expensive creams and products and go get some virgin coconut oil?
Using some high quality virgin coconut oil as base/carrier and adding some essential oils and couple of other ingredients you can literary replace majority of skin care products. Plus it will save you lots of money!
When applied topically, coconut oil will reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by keeping your connective tissues strong and flexible. It will also help with exfoliating the outer layer of dead skin cells. As a result, your skin will look fresh, younger and smoother.
Contrary to many claims that you can see lately on social networks, VIRGIN coconut oil is non-comedogenic (it does not clog pores)!
In fact, when used in its purest form it works wonders for any type of skin including acneic! This is because Coconut oil is anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal. For example, Candida, Staphylococcus aureus, and other pathogens, fungi, bacteria and viruses are destroyed by coconut oil.
DIY recipes on how to use coconut oil as base ingredient for different beauty and skin care products are posted daily all over the web.
Also, the entire concept of many handmade organic small-batch skincare start-ups including ours http://ohloulou.com is based on using mostly VIRGIN coconut oil as a base for its products.
If you don’t have the time or desire to learn about it and make it, we can gladly make it for you – see our range of purest possible organic skincare products Oh Lou Lou!
Coconut oil can be used in hundreds different ways, here are some of them
- Make-up remover. Apply some coconut oil with a cotton ball and clean your make-up just as you would use a regular make-up remover. Wash off with some warm water and pat dry.
- Facial cleanser. Massage some coconut oil onto face and neck. Wash off with warm water and pat dry.
- Shaving lotion. Massage some coconut oil on area to be shaved, and shave as usual. Coconut oil is a good antiseptic due to lauric acid and helps with shaving cuts.
- Face and body moisturizer. Mix some coconut oil and essential oil hydrolat (the water collected when plants are steam-distilled to gather essential oils).
- Deodorant. Apply some coconut oil directly onto your armpits. I mix coconut oil with a small amount of baking soda and it works perfectly.
- Facial/Body Scrub. Mix coconut oil with baking soda, or oatmeal with a dash of cinnamon, for a gentle facial scrub. Add organic cane sugar for a good body scrub.
- Insect repellent. Mix coconut oil with essential oils known as insect repellent: peppermint, citronella (Java), rosemary, tea tree oil, geraniol, catnip oil etc.
- Natural Sunscreen. You can find here a Quick Recipe for Natural Sunscreen
- Facial Cream. Ladies, instead of throwing tons of money on big brands you can try this 5 min. DYI Anti-age Facial Cream
Just make sure to look for organic, cold pressed, unrefined, virgin Coconut oil. Refined coconut oil is indeed comedogenic (pore clogging) and we don’t recommend it for skincare products.
For true lovers of DIY you can find a bunch of more sophisticated recipes like for example Top 15 Coconut Oil Skin Recipes
Check out a great free resource on the benefits of coconut oil Coconut Oil Ultimate Guide
Remember – what you can’t eat you can’t put on your skin!
Food On, Beauty Out 🙂
Sources and Credits