I wondered what the taste of the remedy with 12 bulbs of garlic may be like, but I know for sure that what happened in the end, I did not expect at all.
This recipe is attributed to a Bulgarian scientist, Professor Hristo Mermerski, and there are some claims that the remedy cured thousands of cancer-sufferers. Prof. Mermerski supposedly says “It’s a food that treats the entire body, and the cancer in such an organism simply disappears”.
I like exploring alternative cures, and this one has been floating over internet for a while, but I couldn’t find the proofs, or real testimonies that speak about its effectiveness.
I was attracted, however, to try this as a remedy for colds and flu. If nothing else, it is more than obvious that remedy contains significant amount of essential nutrients necessary to boost the immune system function.
What attracted me the most was a serious amount of fresh garlic, which I consider miraculous plant by itself, so I decided to give it a try.
The recipe calls for
- 400 g of organic sprouted wheat
- 15 fresh organic lemons
- 12 fresh organic garlic bulbs
- 1 kg organic honey
- 400 g organic walnuts
Preparation time. You need 2 days to make the sprouted wheat. Once you have them, you’d need additional 2.5-3 hours to put it all together.
- Put the wheat in a glass container (e.g. baking dish) and pour water until you cover it by 3-4 centimeters. After 12-14 hours, drain the grains, rinse them, drain them again and leave for another 24 hours to enable growing 1-2 millimeters long sprouts.
- Once you have the sprouted grains, peel the garlic (yes it’s a lot of work peeling 12 bulbs of garlic :)).
- Squeeze juice of 10 lemons
- Put sprouted wheat, garlic, lemon juice, remaining 5 lemons (don’t peel them!) and walnuts in food processor and make a paste. Make sure to remove seeds and cut the lemons in small pieces (my food processor was battling for quite a while to process the lemon peel).
- In a glass bowl mix together the paste and the honey with a wooden spoon.
- Pour it in the glass containers and leave it the fridge for 3 days before consuming.
Dr. Mermerski suggests consuming it half an hour before breakfast, lunch, dinner and before going to bed. For cancer he suggests 1 – 2 tablespoons every 2 hours.
Now the best part – I could not resist waiting for 3 days to taste the remedy. To my surprise, the remedy tasted delicious!!! (note I DO like garlic lot :)). The lemon zest, nuts and wheat were sort of crunchy, the garlic taste was nicely balanced with lemon – almost perfect, I’d say. However you’d probably need to stay at home for a while and eat an apple at some point to neutralize fully the taste of garlic in your mouth 🙂
Now this can be a nice addition to a detox/cleansing protocol, need to try that as well. Thank you prof. Hristo 🙂
Probably the next time I’d add to it a couple of beetroots to make the remedy even more complete, and it may even improve the taste. Or not – we shall see 🙂
Food In, Love Out