9 Tips to Keep Dentist Away
Conventional dentistry still use metals and dangerous tooth whitening technics.
Mercury and other metals are unfortunately still used in conventional dentistry even though they have well proven cancer-causing effects. Mercury is an extremely dangerous neurotoxin that damages your brain and causes permanent neurological damage.
Tooth whitening is hugely popular, however hydrogen-peroxide that is normally used for this procedure can cause your teeth to become sensitive, and can damage your gums and nerves.
Stay Away From Fluoride.
The toothpaste in most of the cases contains fluoride. Fluoride is a highly toxic agent that can cause significant health problems and is not an answer to preventing cavities contrary to what the marketing wants us to believe.
Diet is a Major Factor in Dental Health.
It may be obvious for some, however it is easily neglected that diet is a major factor in dental health.
Good oral care starts with a healthy diet of unprocessed and low-sugar foods, unpasteurized dairy and preferably raw and organic foods. Sweet, sugary drinks, soda and carbonated drinks are severely damaging to our teeth and cause dental erosion.
Dental erosion is a process of incremental decalcification, which, over time, dissolves your teeth. Vinegar and citric juices are also shown to promote the dental erosion. Carbonation changes the pH in your mouth, weakens and slowly dissolves the enamel in your teeth. Even brushing your teeth too hard and for longer than is necessary may cause damage to enamel and gums.
Good News Called “Xylitol”
Xylitol (low glycemic, sugar like sweetener) is shown to prevent caries. Xylitol inhibits and eventually destroys “caries bacteria”. Not all xylitol products are equal, so you will need to buy a high-quality xylitol obtained from a birch tree from Finland and pay close attention that it doesn’t contain GMO ingredients. The brands like Xylobrit or Zylosweet (EU) and Smart Sweet (US) are good-quality choices.
9 Tips to Keep Dentist Away
- Floss your teeth regularly, ideally after every meal. The floss should be the non-wax, non-fluoride.
- Use a dry brush at a 45 degree angle. After trying far too many brushes, I have found Curaprox and have been using for few years already Curaprox Ultra Soft CS 5460. According to the research the ideal brushing time is two minutes and the ideal pressure 150 grams (the weight of an orange). Keep your toothbrush clean by soaking it in a cup with hydrogen-peroxide once a week.
- Use a fluoride-free toothpaste. Best to make it on your own, it is really easy. Take a few drops of natural antimicrobial (such as essential oil of rosemary or tea tree), xylitol and baking soda. Or mix some coconut oil, baking soda and few drops of essential peppermint oil.
- Use Xylitol for mouth rinsing and tooth brushing. Take half a teaspoon of xylitol powder and rinse your mouth with the xylitol for 3 -5 minutes, then spit. Alternatively, use the xylitol as your toothpaste and brush your teeth. Do not rinse your mouth to preserve xylitol’s positive effect.
- Avoid processed foods, sugar, refined flour and all artificial flavorings, colorings, and artificial sweeteners.
- Filtered, pure, non-carbonated water is clearly your absolute best beverage option regardless of your age – both for hydration, and dental health. Stick to plain, non-carbonated water.
- For healthy gums free of plaque use a mixture of six parts of baking soda to one part of unrefined sea salt (blend for 30 seconds then place in a container). Wet the tip of your index finger and use a small amount of the mixture on the gums and massage it for 15min. Spit out and rinse your mouth.
- Whiten your teeth naturally by mixing a strawberry with 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda. Keep the mixture on our teeth few minutes; brush it adding a bit of toothpaste and rinse. Use this method only once a week to avoid eventual damage to enamel.
- Make your own mouth-wash by mixing 1 cup water, 1 teaspoon baking soda, and 3 drops of peppermint essential oils.