Carrots & Coffee Sun Tanning Oil Recipe
This sun tanning oil attracts the sunlight and it is quite effective. However, please note that it offers very limited SPF protection and it is best to be used together with the sunscreen. Step 1. Chop up two medium size carrots and add 300ml (two cups) of filtered water. Simmer the carrots for about 30 minutes until they are soft. Step 2. Add 4-5 teaspoons of instant coffee to the pot, stir in and simmer for 10-12 minutes. Step 3. When cooled completely, pour the mixture through the strainer and discard the carrots. Step 4. Add around 150ml of oil(s) to the liquid. Olive oil, hazelnut oil, walnut oil and almond sweet baby oil are all great. You can add of any of these oils or mix them to your liking. Before going out you can also drink some freshly pressed carrot juice to increase the effect 🙂 This Sun Tanning Oil will keep for about 2-3 months. Refrigerate for maximum freshness. Do not use oils that smell rancid.
If you are too busy and not into DIY, we can make it for you. Here is a link to UNDER THE SUN – 100% Organic Nourishing Sun Tanning Oil – a fine blend of 10 different oils all known for many of their virtues in protecting, nourishing and rejuvenating the skin and, of course, for speeding up the tanning 🙂
- It’s suggested to put a layer of sunscreen under the tanning oil to prevent serious sunburn.
- Make sure you put the sunscreen first. Click here for Natural Quick Sunscreen Recipe. When the sunscreen is fully absorbed by your skin (it takes around 20 minutes) you can apply a thin layer of your home-made sun tanning oil.
- Be careful and watch out closely for signs of sunburn! This oil should not be used for fair skin.
- This Sun Tanning oil is not waterproof, so be sure to reapply after swimming.
- Choose a designated towel you don’t mind staining up.