SOAP & SOAPY PRODUCTS STIMULATE PRODUCTION OF EXCESS OIL, ACNE AND IMPURITIES.
The simple concept of cleansing the facial skin with oils is based on the fact that oil dissolves oil.
The soaps strip the oil out of the skin, leaving the skin trying to repair itself by producing more and more oil.
The answer is in cleaning the face with oils.
You can try it with pure coconut oil or olive oil (always use extra virgin) or oil mix according to your skin type. We also like enriching it with a blend of essential oils like lavender or tea tree; if you don’t like experimenting, you can visit our shop and order here
HOW TO CLEAN FACE WITH OILS
1. Put few drops in your palm and spread it over your face and neck.
2. Massage your face and neck for couple of minutes allowing the oils to penetrate the skin.
3. Take a small towel and run in under a very warm water (as warm as you can bear without burning yourself). Put in on face and wait until the steam does its work for couple of minutes.
4. Wipe off the face with the towel and repeat once more if needed. Do not overdo it, rather make sure you leave a thin protective layer. No need to put the daily cream afterwards unless you have a very dry skin.
5. Enjoy your silky, softened and nicely hydrated skin 🙂
P.S if you have been using soaps to clean the face for long time, your skin will need up to 7 days to adapt to the new way of washing (it may still produce excess oils) before you see the real results. Be patient 🙂
Looking for an original idea for Christmas gift? How about making some scented lotion bars?
Lotion bar is very similar to body lotion. The difference is that the bars are solid at room temperature and look like bars of soap. When rubbed on the skin, the lotion bar will melt leaving a thin, nicely moisturizing layer.
They are big hit all over the net because it is relatively easy to make them and they have long shelf life.
You can make them in all kind of variations and using different combination of oils and essential oils, here is one of my favorite recipes. Whenever possible use the organic ingredients.
In case you would rather buy them here is the link where to buy Vanilla & Cocoa Lotion Bars.
- 30g raw organic shea butter
- 30g cold pressed organic extra virgin coconut oil
- 25g of natural unrefined yellow beeswax
- Two pinches of vanilla/cinnamon powder
- 1 TBS of naturally infused vanilla almond oil
- 5 drops of vitamin E
In double boiler melt the shea butter, coconut oil and beeswax. When melted, cool a little and add the rest of the ingredients. Pour in the mold and put in the fridge until they become solid.
I like to make them in different sizes and small so I use one piece in its entirety rather than reusing it few times, although many people do that.
Shelf life is up to a year when stored properly. Avoid touching the bars with wet fingers. They should be stored at the temperature below 24, otherwise they will melt. In this case you will need to put them again in the mold and refrigerate.