Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Vanilla-Coconut Tapioca Pudding
Instead of wheat flour which contains gluten to which many people are highly sensitive to, you can use organic cassava flour.
Cassava (also known as tapioca, yuca, and manioc root) is an edible starch and major source of carbohydrates.
Used as a major staple food for many South American tribes since Pre-Columbian times, cassava flour is a great alternative to wheat flour, since wheat flour is typically refined, bleached, and stripped of nutrients. Cassava flour is a good source of calcium. Did I mention it is also gluten-free :)?
Here is a quick recipe for a delicious pudding that is very easy to make.
If you are on a long detox where tapioca is occasionally allowed (please check :)) and crave a desert, this may work provided you use a tiny amount of stevia instead of sugar, skip on salt, and use a simple topping like cinnamon.
Check it out!
- 15 minutes
- 1 can (400ml) unsweetened coconut milk or homemade almond milk
- One-quarter cup (2 tablespoons) of quick cooking tapioca
- Pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons of Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla powder
- 2 tablespoons unrefined brown sugar or some pure stevia extract if you are on detox
- For topping – use your imagination :). Examples 2 ripe bananas, sliced; toasted almonds with a tablespoon of dark rum is another option. I also like crashing some berries in the blender. Or adding some aronia powder or cinnamon.
- In a medium saucepan combine coconut milk, tapioca and salt. Slowly bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Add vanilla. Keep stirring until mixture begins to thicken.
- Remove from heat; stir in sugar until melted.
- Let it stand in the saucepan uncovered for 10 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Cut bananas in small pieces and stir in. Transfer to serving cups.
- Top with almonds and rum or any other topping that you prefer or have at hand.
One thought on “Vanilla-Coconut Tapioca Pudding”
Your style is unique in comparison to other people
I’ve read stuff from. Thank you for posting when you have the opportunity, Guess I’ll just book mark
this web site.