Many people know that pumpkin is extremely rich in vitamins such as A, C and vitamin-E that’s why it can help greatly in keeping our eyesight sharp.
What’s a little less known is that the pumpkin can keep us feeling full for longer on fewer calories. 100 g provides only 26 calories and contains no saturated fats or cholesterol. This is why the pumpkin is recommended as part of many weight loss programs.
I recently experimented with a new way of making the pumpkin soup and we all loved it, so I am sharing the recipe.
Spicy Pumpkin Soup Recipe
Preparation and cooking time
- 40 minutes.
- Serves 4.
- 4 cups of pumpkin (around 600-700grams)
- 1 tbs of coconut oil
- 2 onions
- some ginger
- 5-6 garlic cloves
- 2 cups (400-500ml) of coconut milk
- 3 cups of water
- Thyme, salt, pepper
- 1 tsp of chili powder or fresh chili pepper
- Heat the coconut oil, add chopped onion, garlic and ginger and cook on low heat for few minutes.
- Add the pumpkin peeled (or not) and cut in cubes. Simmer for another few minutes.
- Add the unsweetened coconut milk, water and thyme and simmer for another 20-25 minutes.
- Add the salt, pepper and chili.
- Puree the soup using a blender or stick blender.
- Add freshly chopped coriander.