RECIPES & SUPPLIES FOR “BRAND NEW ME” DETOX PROTOCOL
Regarding ingredients you don’t need stick to the letter, but suggest you keep most of the ingredients in, as they are there for a reason.
The quantities are approximate, you should arrive at 1.5 liter so adjust the amounts as necessary.
- 1 kg or 10-15 carrots depending on the size
- ½ kg or 3-4 beets depending on the size
- 4-5 beet large leaves. Additionally or alternatively you can add two handfuls of paksoy, or spinach leaves.
- 1 large cucumber
- ½ green bell pepper
- 1 apple (remove the seeds)
- ½ lemon OR ½ grapefruit OR ½ orange (with skins). You can alternate citrus fruits and see what you like best.
Wash well, keep the skins, juice and add some chia seeds or fiber at the end (optional).
- 1 lemon
- 1 grapefruit
- 1-2 oranges
- 1 kiwi (optional)
- Juice it all with skins (except for kiwi) and add some water to make at least 0.5 l. If you are brave add a garlic clove and tsp. of olive oil.
Note: This juice needs to be consumed immediately and SHOULD not be stored.
- 2 big or 1 small fresh leeks
- 2 fresh sweet potato
- 4 fresh tomatoes
- 2 onions
- 1/2 celery knob (the smaller, fresher knobs are more delicately flavored) or 1 stalk organic celery
- 1 small parsley root (if unavailable, can substitute 3 sprigs of organic parsley)
- Handful of spinach
- 1 Parsnip
- 2 cm ginger
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder (optional)
- ½ tsp pepper (optional)
- Fresh coriander (make sure you consume around 400mg a day), parsley and fresh pressed raw garlic should be added at serving.
- Do not peel any of the vegetables as many of the minerals and nutrients are stored directly beneath the skin.
- Cut in cubes and cover all with clean pure water and cook SLOWLY, covered with a lid, at LOW heat for 2 hours.
- When cooled down, put all in the food processor and blend.
- Add fresh parsley, coriander and fresh pressed raw garlic just before serving.
DETOX BATH RECIPE
- Fill the bathtub with hot water (if the water is chlorinated, add 2 tbs of Hydrogen Peroxide 3%).
- Add 2 cups of baking soda to neutralize the acids of the toxins.
- Add 2 cups of Epsom Salts. They will help draw toxins out of the body (Do not use if you have a rash or open cut as it may sting)
- Add 15 drops of lavender and eucalyptus essential oil (optional)
- Add 2 tablespoons of glycerin (optional)
Soak in the tub for 20-30 minutes. Drink a hot tea.
LIST OF THINGS YOU’LL NEED
- Good juicer
- Plenty of pure, filtered water
- Glass recipients for storing juices, like clean bottles or a jars.
- Slowcooker or heavy saucepan for preparing the broth.
SHOPPING LIST FOR “BRAND NEW ME” DETOX PROTOCOL
I have enclosed the list needed for one day, you will need to multiply it by number of days you decided to do the detox, fill the list and print out.
|1 day detox||XX Day Detox|
|Beet leaves Spinach/Paksoy||0.5kg|
|Green Bell Pepper||½p.|
|Sweet potato||2 p.|
|Celery knob||½ p.|
|Parsley root||½ p.|
|Spices for broth||Salt is not allowed, but feel free to use spices such as pepper, chili, cayenne, fresh mint, basil, oregano, chives, or thyme.|
|Chia seeds||2 Tbs.|
|Coconut milk pure unsweetened||250ml|
|Spices for Desserts: Vanilla powder/ cinnamon|
|Wheat grass for germination||Enough for 30ml juice|
|Detox tea||The good ones contain mixtures of burdock root, dandelion root, ginger root, cardamom seed, cinnamon bark, and other herbs. Pau d’Arco (Lapacho) is also great.|
|Some additional fruits you like for crisis mgmt.
|Enema only for the first day||1|
|Flax seed (optional)|
|Coconut water (optional)|