Level 3 (Connoisseur): Embracement
The Embracement phase is about adopting the healthy lifestyle in all integrity and from all angels: body, nutrition and spirit.
Obviously it is most demanding as it requires full determination and perseverance, and most rewarding as you grow to understand the “secret” to happiness and joyful living.
This “phase” has been and still is a very special journey for me and my family and we appreciate and cherish every step of the way.
The changes and techniques implemented here become part of how you live.
I will outline here the checklist of things to do, for the reference. Each of those needs time and commitment and some further research to find techniques that work best for each individual.
I summarize it by dividing it in five main groups
- Well-Being Essentials
- Advanced Nutrition For Level 3
- Say No to Toxins
- Detox & Cleansing
- Additional Supplements
- Sunshine. We are the children of the Sun. Light and sun exposure are essentials in our wellbeing. Vitamin D, produced by our skin during the sun exposure, has been shown to shrink tumors. The best way to obtain the healing benefits of sunlight is somewhat complicated, please read here for some guideline on how to it.
- Exercise. Regular exercise builds up immunity, speeds up the elimination of toxins and keeps the body oxygenated. Moderate exercise, brisk walking, jumping on trampoline or any other form that you enjoy is important to be done every day or at least four times per week. Besides exercise, a highly alkaline, raw diet, deep breathing, pure water intake etc. are good for oxygenizing. Read more about some techniques here.
- Sleep. Good-quality, restful sleep is indispensable. During sleep our bodies rebuild and detoxify. During the deep sleep we connect to our inner being. It is necessary to stop eating at least two-three hours before sleep. Sleeping in complete darkness stimulates melatonin, a hormone that promotes restful sleep. You can find around the internet many tips to improve the sleep. Here is dr. Mercola’s take on it: Secrets To A Good Night Sleep.
- Stress handling. Psychological factor, negative emotions and stress tend to be far more prevalent as disease triggers than all of the other physical ones. 80% percent of all diseases appears to be caused by negative thoughts and emotions.
Consequently, whatever you do you may not skip “Stress Handling”, otherwise the whole program makes no sense. Even if we eat the healthiest food, exercise and avoid all toxins of the world, we can still become sick when we let the stress and clogged mind take control.
This has been my biggest challenge in the past and I am still learning. I have not met many who have been super successful. My suggestion would be to try different things and see what works best.
I found that yoga and meditation work well, but for sure may not work for all. You need to keep trying to find your own working formula and never give up until you find it. Read more about some of the techniques here.
2. Advanced Nutrition in Level 3
Your grocery shopping list should, from now on, become limited to organic vegetables and fruit, free-range, organic, high quality meat, wild caught deep water fish, organic eggs, organic raw diary, whole grain /no wheat/gluten, coconut oil and ghee, olive oil, herbs and spices, apple cider vinegar and some raw chocolate. Ok, a glass of good organic wine is fine.
Special attention should be paid to carefully choose natural, nontoxic cosmetic and skin-care products as well as products for household cleaning, washing etc.
The following “powerfoods” provide multiple health benefits and are very powerful and important in modern disease prevention. This will make a difference when we introduce them as regular eating habit which is what I suggest at this stage of the program.
It is important to know that a number of people is allergic even to some “powerfoods”. It might be considered one of the healthiest foods in the world, but if your body gives you a signal to avoid it, then it is typically best to listen to your body.
Some of these “powerfoods” are
- Lactic fermented food.
- Herbs & spices.
- Soaked seeds and nuts.
- Sprouted seeds.
- Cruciferous vegetables (and in particular broccoli).
- Chia seeds.
- Wild Alaskan salmon.
- Bone broth.
You can read more info on the why these PowerFoods, what are the health properties, which herb and spices and how best to use them by following the link to the PowerFoods.
- No-No List of Toxins. We live in a toxic world and are surrounded by hormone-disrupting and cancer causing chemicals. The truth is that we can’t fully avoid them, however we need to educate ourselves on the biggest offenders and try our best to avoid them. Read more about 20 of the most common offenders: 10 Environmental Toxins and 10 Food Additives.
- No-No Food & Stuff List. In different sections I mention certain foods or things to avoid. Please find a recap of all of the foods to avoid here.
- Dental Care. Toxic mercury, stainless steel and other metals are still used in dentistry. Learn about natural dental care basics (which toothpaste, mouthwash, which toothbrush, for how long etc.) here.
- Natural Skin Care. Learn how to use Coconut Oil as Replacement For Beauty and Skin Care Products here.
- Non-Toxic Cleaning. Ditch your toxic housecleaning products and start using vinegar, baking soda and hydrogen peroxide instead. Learn also about some safer commercial alternatives. More here.
- Detoxification is flushing out waste from our bodies. However, as we live in a toxic world, toxins are abnormally accumulated as a consequence of consuming processed foods, inhaling air filled with car exhaust, etc. and our ability to detox is severely impaired. This is why we need to learn how to induce detox.
Learn about some natural ways and techniques to detox here.
- As part of the Level 2 we have ensured good vitamin intake through the food or introduced the following key supplements in case you can’t supply it sufficiently through the food: Vitamin D, Vitamin C, Probiotic, Omega 3 and Multivitamin.
Now it is time to extend and have a closer look at Iodine, Chlorella, Vitamin E, Evening Primrose Oil (if you are female), Vitamin B, Magnesium, Calcium and Fiber.
Make your own judgment whether you need supplements or your food is a sufficient source. Please read more about each of them here.
The checklist ends here. To implement the changes and techniques suggested as part of the “Embracement” can last from one month for most dedicated to few months for those who have some additional research to do.
Once you managed to implement a vast majority of the things required and they become interwoven in the way you live, I wish you a –