Craving for something warm, sweet and nourishing?
There is no doubt that pure raw cocoa is super healthy. Cocoa contains beta-carotene, calcium, zinc, iron, potassium, chromium and in particular magnesium and many consider it a super- food.
Hot Chocolate has ever since been one of the favorite drinks. Unfortunately, the pre-made chocolate drinks you can buy in supermarkets are packed with sugar and contain super unhealthy homogenized/ pasteurized milk along with quite a few dangerous additives. Read more about Homogenized Milk Dangers.
And I know well how hard it is to say NO when your little one takes and says: – Mom, can I have one, please?
Plus I often crave one too 🙂
Well here is a healthy alternative, takes 5 minutes to make it and both you and your kids will love it!
- 1 ½ cup of organic non-homogenized cow’s or goat’s milk, preferably raw (if raw option is not available then you can use slightly pasteurized). Unsweetened coconut or almond milk is also an option.
- 1 tablespoon or raw cocoa or chocolate
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean or cinnamon powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of pure raw honey or pure stevia
- Warm up a little coconut oil and cocoa/chocolate (make sure not to overheat it)
- Add slowly milk, vanilla/cinnamon, salt
- Optionally use the mixer or blender to homogenize the mixture
- Add honey or stevia